Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Waaaaaaaaaaaah!

Just a bit 'o whining...

I have a midterm due tomorrow
in Systematic Theology.
Some would argue that my professor is less than systematic
but I adore him
and his ramblingpreachingprayingscripturingprofessing.

Alas, I do not so much adore the midterm.
It's not bad, as midterms go --
four essays
three pages each.
Had I stuck to my one-essay-per-day plan on Saturday
I would be sittin' pretty.
Alas again, I did not.
Because why? Because I am a procrastinator.
Because when I have reading to do or essays to write
I check email, wash dishes, clean out the refrigerator, take a shower, create a myspace page, watch sporadic television, wander around, and check email some more.

So now here I am
blogging
and I need to go write (and read!) about
the questions faith asks
the role of experience and the situation of faith in doing theology
confessing the triune God
and Kathryn Tanner's assertion that "there are no irredeemable aspects of the world."
Mix in a little Cone, Cobb, Erskine, Soelle, Placher and Migliore,
plus a little Barth and Tillich for good measure,
and there you have it
the next 14 hours of my life.

And I'm off!

No comments:

Post a Comment