Tuesday, August 29, 2006

I Love Live Music

I know I've said it before,
but I really dig seeing shows.

I went to open mic night last night at Eddie's,
and two of the women who played then
played again tonight.
I liked them enough that I went back tonight to see them.
Abi Tapia and Rebecca Loebe. They are lovely.

On Friday, Dana, Candace and I
went to Smith's Olde Bar
for Open Mic Madness
to support the Redaction.
It was great fun, and we heard
some delightful
and some cRazY
bands.

I dig live music.
I love being an audience member.

I'm totally stoked because two guys I can't wait to hear
are coming to Eddie's the next two weekends.
Ward Williams will be there next Friday
and Jay Clifford will play Saturday after next.
They are my Jump boys, and I am so excited to see them.
Ward is quirky and funny and a bit more country/folksy than Jump.
He was the cello player.
Jay was the lead vocalist
and his voice is a-maz-ing.
Ah.



p.s. This post is full of hyperlinks. I don't often do that. Ha. Rock on. No, for real -- Rock on.

No comments:

Post a Comment