Saturday, June 30, 2007

867-5309??

My phone quit working on Thursday night.
Here's how I've described it
(if you've already heard this, I apologize,
but once I find a good metaphor
I have to milk it for all it's worth):
it's like the phone went on strike
and only the keys crossed the picket lines.

I have thus far been to a Cingular/AT&T store 3 times in the last 2 days. Turns out, they cannot port my number directly because I don't own the number; the local phone company in SC does. It's complicated. But I'm requesting that they release it so that I can be a general AT&T customer and keep my number.

So, I still have the crazy phone, probably for a month. Then I might be able to get a contract through the local AT&T store and get a new phone.

Ah. I don't think I'll have to switch numbers, which is what I was afraid of. I have no idea who all I would need to contact to change that number as my primary contact info.

I think I might go to the pool.
This phone stuff is exhausting.

No comments:

Post a Comment