Tuesday, November 04, 2008

I've been bouncing off the walls all day!

I went to vote this morning.
I got there at 7:30.
I needed to be at a meeting at 9:00,
so I thought that when I got to the poll
I would be all anxious and worried about getting to work.
Instead, when I got to the church where I vote
and I saw the line,
I was overwhelmed with joy.
People were participating!
Democracy in action!
And I was so glad to be a part of it.

People in line were nice, too.
It was a fun little place to be.
Folks were chatting, sharing newspapers, smiling.

I was stir-crazy all day.
I jumped around in the office.
I ran up two flights of stairs from our offices to the ICU.
I had to go run around
at the park after work.

I love to vote.
I love election day.
It's like Christmas
except the whole world changes,
which is how Christmas should be
but not how it is.

But today,
I am HOPEful!

No comments:

Post a Comment