Monday, August 29, 2005

Faith and Health?

I took a Faith and Health class this spring.
I had not pondered the connection
between Faith and Health much before then.
Recently, however, several issues have arisen
that reflect how intertwined faith and health are.

When a person is physically low --
drained, hurting, frustrated --
questions of God's sovereignty and faithfulness
overcome people's minds.
Likewise, if a person feels peaceful and refreshed in spirit
health issues seem less daunting.

I have a friend who has overcome
many physical ailments
and has shown the most joyful faith.
Right now, she is struggling
and in physical pain.
She is living far from family and close friends.
She wonders if God abandoned her.

My grandmother is trying to decide
where to go
now that her health prevents her from
living alone.
I don't want her to leave her town,
her church, her social supports.


Grace faith hope strength love compassion peace

No comments:

Post a Comment