Thursday, October 27, 2005

John's Birthday



(I wrote a post and it went away, so here's the abbreviated version.)

Yesterday at like 11:00 in the morning
John is in the kitchen
and I'm at my desk
in what would be the dining room except that we made it a library instead.
He says
"I'm going to tell you something
because if I don't
then later you might wonder why I didn't."
Then he says it's his birthday.

With no time or money for a tangible present,
I had two brilliant ideas:

First, I got out a bunch of random cards for random people to sign.
I got people to fill up 5 or 6 cards.

Second, I made 2 signs and took pictures of random people holding them.
I ended up with a slide show of 30 pictures.



























2 comments:

  1. I just randomly found this blog, you've got some good ideas.... ie: birthday present for zero dollars.

    If it's ok with you, I'm totally ripping it off :) You're brilliant.

    Jeans

    ReplyDelete
  2. jeans, be my guest.
    Glad you liked it.
    It was great fun, and people give you funny looks when you ask -- always a good sign!

    ReplyDelete