Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Need sleep...

Dana and I had a whirlwind trip to Chicago this weekend
(pictures soon...)
to see Fern and
to go to a young adult Peace and Justice conference
through the World Council of Churches.

Here's the cryptic shortened version:
Friday -- planes=drugs
Saturday -- conference, dinner and drinks with Fern's new seminary friends
Sunday -- shopping, site seeing, conference, worship, Gilmore dvds
Monday -- early plane, quick connection, airplane parking lot, straight to class (okay, we stopped at Dusty's for a bbq sandwich because I was starving!), tutoring

Today, I gave a presentation on Mary Magdalene.
I pretty much think she rocks.
Also, the way she has been portrayed is really a comglomeration of unnamed women in the gospels + the actual accounts of her.
Now, I want to learn more about her... must read the gnostic Gospel of Mary, and for kicks probably the DaVinci Code novel.

Tonight, I went running with Sarah and John.
We found a park near our apts
and hit the (somewhat obscure, and perhaps imagined) trail.
I will run again.
It did not hurt and was even fun with other people.
The trail made me feel healthy, even when I was falling on a rock and prickly tree.
Memories of high school and college Cross Country...
I really am still a runner in spirit.

Now, bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment