Sunday, February 12, 2006

Vehicular Vascillation

So, I might finally get to pick out my own car.

Mine has bad brakes and
a gas leak they couldn't find,
plus some bad belts
and a problem with the exhaust system.
All that adds up to more than this
1992 Dodge Spirit is worth.

Now, I had almost this exact same car
in high school/early college --
it was a white four door Plymouth Acclaim.
I crashed the first one into a tree.
I ran this one into the ground.

A woman from school emailed me about a car
her aunt is selling for $1000.
She emailed me several times
telling me the details and recent repairs of the car.
In the last email, she finally mentioned the make/model:
1992 gold Plymouth Acclaim.

Now, the cheap, guilt-filled parts of me
feel like I should get it.
I have no desire to ever own this kind of car again.
I want a cute, little Honda/Toyota/Nissan
that will run forever
and fit into tiny parking places.
For less than $3000.
Wish me luck!


(for now, I'm driving Mom's minivan again...
if anyone needs to move, now is the time...)

No comments:

Post a Comment