Friday, August 24, 2007

Some blurbs for the blurg

* My folks (which is what you call parents in Minnesota) picked me up this morning in Brainerd, where Ben & Marie live. We headed to Milaca, the town my folks lived in when I was born. My parents like to just show up in Milaca and hope that the 3 people they want to see will be available. But now I have friends there too -- 2 friends from elementary school (across the state) who married each other and moved there and now they have 2 kids. We ended up seeing all those people, even the ones who had no clue we were coming.

* There really are a ton of lakes in MN. It's lovely.

* My dad and I had this exchange in the car today:
Phil -- Up ahead there's a place where the cows used to graze under the road.
Me -- There was a cow overpass?
Phil -- It was an over-pasture.

* I started making a throw. I needed something to do for all those hours we will spend in the car in the next several days.

Sleep...
Rock on...

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete