Saturday, December 29, 2007

Today

I was awakened by an enthusiastic mom,
flinging open the door to the bedroom and saying
"There's another one!"
Me: "Hmmm? Another what?" (sitting up by now)
Mom: "She brought another one! And it's white and gray!"
Me: "Another kitten?"
Mom: (no longer at the door, but has taken off down the hall)
So, I go look out the dining room window,
and indeed,
there is another kitten -- siamese-esque in coloration,
which is starkly different from the 3 strictly black and white kittens to date.
I wonder aloud whether there are more tiny baby kitties elsewhere.
Around 9am, the lady from the CatNip program at UF's Vet school arrives.
We called yesterday when we returned home to find their postcard
announcing free spaying until the end of January.
The nice vet student assures us that if there are other kittens
mama kitty will be able to go get them soon
even if she has the surgery today.
AND the nice vet student says she can foster the kittens until they are adopted!
So, we painstakingly corralled the cats into her carrier and off they went.
All but one, that is, for whom I had found a home in the ATL.

So I drove back to Atlanta with a kitten in the passenger seat.
Every time I stopped, I opened the door to the carrier and petted her
and let her walk out.
She walked across my lap,
climbed up the door armrest,
and looked out the window to see what was going on in the world.
She's adorable.

In other news, my phone died.
It did the same thing it did 6 months ago
when the buttons would light up
but the screen was black.
Alas.
I'm not exactly sure how I'm going to get the kitty to my friend
since I can't remember how to get to her house.
Alas again.
I guess I'm going to go get a new phone tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. lady. and entire month without a posting leaves your readers hungry for bostromian musings.

    ReplyDelete