Friday, January 21, 2005

Here's something

from the book "Inspiration Sandwich" by SARK

I love it when people say, "You can't do that."
It's like hearing "I dare you."

When I went to Europe alone at age 19, these same people said, "Switzerland is very expensive. You can't expect to live there." So of course, I went to Switzerland immediately, and met a man in Zermatt looking for a housesitter for his chalet that had just been built into the side of a mountain, accessible only by chairlift.

Years ago, in the Bahamas, I had no money, and was tired of sleeping in the lounge chairs by the pool. I went to one of the big hotels and asked to see the manager. I told him that I would like to babysit or teach swimming in exchange for a room. He just looked at me, and then reached into a drawer, took out a set of keys and pushed them across the desk. "Take these. I was young and broke once too." The keys opened the door to a penthouse on the top floor. I lived there for a month.

I like to take the impossibles and make them possible.
I believe that we need to go to where we want to be, and the resources will follow us.
Impossible means I'm possible!
Plant all your impossible gardens and see what blooms!

No comments:

Post a Comment