Sunday, April 16, 2006

HAPPY EASTER!!

for at least another 35 minutes!

I've had a good Easter.
- cinnamon rolls
- University Worship (I was the "gospel bearer" and I collected the offering, so I wore an alb, which was so long I kept stepping on it and I almost fell on my head going up the stairs at the front of the chapel during the offering.)
- University Worship Easter dinner from Agnes and Muriel's (I sat with a rockin' professor and Barbara Brown Taylor, who preached a rockin' sermon)
- Easter dinner #2 at Beth and Kevin's, with lots of friends and good stories and food
- Easter dinner #3 at Narcie's (I was still so full from my other two dinners, I didn't actually eat anything at Narcie's but it was fun to hang with the Wesley kids.)

And now I have to write up some info for a presentation.
And I have to read a book about postcolonial feminist Biblical interpretation for a meeting-outside-of-class tomorrow morning.
Yes, it's that time of the semester when everything piles up and is due all at once.
Rock on.

At least it's not Lent anymore.
I was sick of Lent.
Resurrection is way better.
I am Easter People.

No comments:

Post a Comment