Saturday, May 07, 2005

Finals

It's the end, folks.
Of the school year, that is.
Only three 3-4 page essays
and one actual final exam
separate me from summer!
Yesterday, I turned in a 5 page paper
plus 2 brochures.

So, why can't I make myself write
my 3 exegetical essays?
Maybe because I still have no real clue
what an exegetical essay looks like.

Thus, today I have packed up
my Christmas dishes and decorations.
(I know, it's May...)
I talked on the phone for an hour and a half.
I went to lunch.
I even took a shower and put on real clothes.

Alas, I have nothing to say.
At least about the exegetical assignments...

Ooh, I do need to do laundry!

The other day, my friend said
that procrastination is a result of perfectionism
because you don't want to start something
if you know it won't be good enough.
I think that is true for me.
If I know it's not going to be as good as I want it to
why put massive amounts of time into it?
Also, I recognize the lack of logic here:
1) it could be better if I put more time into it
2) why not just get it over with?

Anyway.
I'm going to go sit on the couch and stare at the Bible.
I'll be waiting for divine inspiration...

1 comment:

  1. Obviously, I am procrastinating just as much as you. This is obvious because I am posting a comment to your blog 15 minutes after you wrote the entry.

    Sitting and waiting for inspiration doesn't seem like procrastination, though, so much as exactly what GOD tells us to do, in that very same BIBLE you are reading.

    Yeah, I dont' know.

    ReplyDelete