Monday, May 02, 2005

Nada

So, my clock radio is set to an oldies station.
I like to hear the Beatles or the Monkees
in the morning.
Makes me get out of bed.
Sometimes.
(The other day,
I figured out that if I scoot down and over
a few inches
and lean toward my dresser
upon which the alarm clock is perched,
I can reach the snooze bar with my big toe.)

This morning,
I did not hear the Beatles
nor the Monkees or Mamas and Papas
or Sam Cooke.
This morning,
I did not hear english.

Evidently,
the world of communication has decided
that oldies are out
and spanish is in.
Turns out that my station
switched to spanish at midnight last night.

I was unaware.
And taken aback
due to being unaware.

I remember some spanish.
Not enough to put it on my resume.
Or, I recently learned,
enough to listen to a radio morning show.

Tallahassee lost its oldies station
less than a year after I moved there, too.
Perhaps it's just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment