Sunday, November 26, 2006

The Turkey Day

So, my parents have 2 parsonages (houses).
Mom's has beds and satellite.
Phil's has a dining room, cell phone reception, and internet.
Thus, we have shuttled back and forth all weekend.
We slept at Mom's (home -- where our beds and tv is)
but we had Thanksgiving dinner at Phil's.

Just as we were about to start cooking the turkey,
Phil got a message from a church member who had
a half a fried turkey that he wanted to give us.
That was fine with us -- way easier.
So, I made some rockin' mashed potatoes and green beans,
Mom made stuffing, some cranberry something, and several pies.
Shannon made the gravy, and he and Phil both helped with the potatoes.
Now that I've given culinary credit where credit is due,
I'll say that it was quite delicious
and I did not feel compelled to eat until I popped.

Then I took a shower
(I had spent most of T-giving in my pjs),
took a 2 hour nap,
and woke up in time to watch Grey's Anatomy and ER.

Good day.

Friday and Saturday, Shanfro and I went to Charleston.
I heart Charleston.

Good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment