Friday, January 05, 2007

"just do it, whatever it is..."

Yesterday, I drove into Greensboro as the sun was preparing to set. I went to Sissy's, and then we headed to Friendly Center for dinner -- delicious pasta and delightful conversation. After dinner, I returned a sweater and bought a dress. The dress is gorgeous, and luckily I had bought myself the perfect new pair of shoes at an outlet before Christmas. So, I have one pretty outfit ready for a special occasion. Now, all I need is an occasion...
Anyway, Sissy and I hung out for a while last night and this morning.

Then I got a phone call. I had called a college friend named Nick who lives in Raleigh, telling him that I was around briefly and would like to catch up if possible. So, this afternoon I drove to Raleigh and saw him and met his girlfriend, and had a generally lovely visit.


So, after meeting up with Nick and Ashley, I drove back to G'boro, bought a burger at Cookout, and went to Alanna's. We talked while her kid ate (and made adorrrrrable faces), and while he watched Chitty Chitty Bang Bang (which is a totally nutso movie -- I hadn't seen it since I was a kid -- about kids being locked up and adults acting crazy).

Tonight, I'm staying at Becca's. We chatted until way past her bedtime, and tomorrow morning she'll be wishing she hadn't offered me her couch.

So, Sissy and Becca were not caught on camera, and I don't have a picture of both Alanna and me together. Becca, however, says she'll take a pic of herself on my camera in the morning -- something about a special teacher shirt.

Tomorrow morning, I'll have breakfast with a professor, depart Greensboro, have lunch with Kevin in Charlotte, and go to Robin's for dinner. Then Saturday, I'll hopefully have breakfast with Allen before heading back to the ATL.
Now, though, I must sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment