Wednesday, May 30, 2007

This Week

I moved this weekend.
So did a LOT of my friends.
Moveapalooza 2007

I have a monkey doormat now.

And lots of boxes of stuff.

I started CPE today at a children's hospital.
We had a little commissioning service so now I'm a chaplain.
Rock on.

It's going to be an intense summer
since all the sick people in that building are kids.

But the hospital is pretty cool.
It's bright and colorful and cheerful and
there are fish tanks everywhere
and they have bins of candy in the gift shop.
They also seem to take a more holistic approach to care,
considering all aspects of the patient
(who in this case is a child, so "all aspects" includes play and developmental stages and family).
I dig it.

Oh, and there is an ICEE machine in the cafeteria.
Awesome.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:47 PM

    It's too bad you're not in my neck of the woods this weekend, Beth. I was just offered two free tickets to tomorrow night's Gwen Stefani concert. I guess you'll have to get your yodeling fix elsewhere for the time being.

    -Dave Scott

    ReplyDelete