Monday, December 04, 2006

So it's possible that you can't believe this

but I'm still sick.
I think I'm finally on the upswing, though.
My voice is considering negotiations
after going on strike yesterday.

Here's the update:
When I went to the doctor on Friday, she said that it was a turning point day.
She said that I would either get better or worse, and that I would know in 48 hours whether I should fill the prescription she gave me for a z-pack.
She was right. I knew.

Now, admittedly I did sing along to a few songs at the Dixie Chicks concert on Saturday, but I did hold back on most of them -- I either just listened or silently mouthed the words along. But I woke up Sunday morning with no voice. Well, perhaps with the voice of a frog. Ribbit.

Then yesterday, I was supposed to serve communion at church. So, I went and found the lady who coordinates communion.
In my froggy voice, I said "I'm supposed to serve communion, but I'm sick."
She said "You certainly are."
I said "What should I do?"
She said "I think it would be best if I take your place. It's very considerate of you to forego this opportunity so that others don't get sick."
And then she told someone else that I was going home.

Instead, I planned the Love Feast service for Wesley last night -- even typing out the prayers I would use and what I would say at transitions, which was helpful since Matt had to read most of it.
I think the service went well, though, and Dana sharing about her tradition gave the service a deeper significance and broader context.
And the cider and hawaiian rolls were delicious.

Here's some other news:
-- I like wearing scarves. Flowy, solid-colored ones.
-- I have a lot of work to do. Tomorrow, I have a presentation, a paper proposal due, and a paper due. Wednesday, I have another paper due.
-- I have been drinking a LOT of hot tea and orange juice this week.
-- This is the last week of classes.
-- It's cold.
-- It's also bright and sunny.
-- The little old lady who volunteers in the office at my apt complex is both grumpy and really funny.

Rock on.

No comments:

Post a Comment